![]() |
| This is Leila's first picture of a person! The arms and legs are floating and he/she has no body, but look at that well-formed head and well-placed eyes and mouth! . . .I was impressed :) |
"Mom, spell my name!"
To which I responded: "OK. What does your name start with?"
Not surprisingly she said "L!" (She's had that one nailed for months).
Me: "What's next?"
L: "I dunno, can you tell me?"
Me: "Yep. It's "e", then . . .what's the letter that has a dot on top?
L: "i!"
Me: "That's right! Then another 'l', then 'a' (all the while I was writing the letters on the board)
That was it! We didn't go over and over it. I just showed her once.
Then the next day my little 2 1/2 year old girl comes to me with the drawing board and says "Mom, can you write my name? It's L-e-i-l-a!"
This girl is such a sponge! She picks things up so quickly! She's known her alphabet for awhile, so I guess this is the logical next step, but still! I love seeing her assimilate knew pieces of knowledge into what she already knows. It's sure fun to watch her learn!

No comments:
Post a Comment