Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Leila-isms

Leila is a precocious, outspoken, silly little girl! There is really never a dull moment with her. That makes life both exciting . . .and exhausting! But I do love the element of fun she adds to our lives! Here are six of the cute/silly things she's said lately:


1) "I'm gonna eat my HAIR!. . .I'm gonna eat my SHOES!. . .I'm gonna eat HEIDI! . . .No. . .I'm not gonna eat Heidi, cuz then I wouldn't see her anymore! . . .I'm going to eat the scriptures! . . .No. . .I'm not gonna eat the scriptures. . .cuz then God would be so sad!"

2) "No. . .I don't wanna go to bed! How about YOU lie in MY bed and I'll sing YOU songs! . . .Is that a plan?"

3) "Mama, can you buckle her in too?" (The dolly also sat beside her in the cart at Costco, as per Leila's request)

4) During her prayers lately:

"Heavenly Father, thank you for God, thank you for Jesus, thank you for Santa Claus . . ."

5) Leila: Where are we going?
Me: To Smiths
Leila: What are we going to get there?
Me: Mommy's going to get some pills
Leila: Pills? . . .or pillows? The things you eat?. . . Or the things you put on the bed?

That reminds me of something I said as a kid:

Little Courtney: Mom, where are you going?
Mom: Downstairs
Little Courtney: Why?
Mom: I'm going to get some flour
Little Courtney: What kind of flour? The pretty kind? or . . .the lump?

6) Here are a few on the words Leila has for things that I think are cute

Restaurant= Restronk
Quesadilla= Quesa-tortilla
Who else?= Whobody else?

Those last two have started sounding so normal to me. . .I might just start using them by mistake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment