1) A Forgiving Heart
It was a rough day with Leila. She was super emotional, whiny, and oppositional. I lost my cool with her more than once :(
Leila: (mumbling something) . . .like Jesus.
Me: What's like Jesus?
Leila: (smiling) You are!
Me: No. Not today!
Leila: Why?
Me: Because I got really upset at you today.
Leila: That's OK! You're nice now!
I love how forgiving children are!
2) A Sweet Prayer (later that day at bedtime)
Leila: You're a great Mom! And I know you're thankful for me!
Me: Thank you! And you're right! I am thankful for you! I'm so glad you're my daughter! . . . It's time to say the prayer. Would you like to say it? Or would you like me to?
Leila: I'll say it! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! AMEN! Ha ha! Just kidding! Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for my mom and that she's so cute. . .
3) Swings: Leila-Style
a fairy dress-up costume complete with shiny stretchy pants, wings, and a bike helmet with a unicorn on top. . .and of course a great big smile :D
4) A Cute Prayer
Leila: Thank you for my mom and that she's so great, thank you for my dad, that he's so great, thank you for Leila, that I'm so great, thank you for Heidi, that she's so great. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
Me: *laughing a little*
Leila: What? Why are you laughing?
Me: Because. . .that was a cute prayer.
Leila: Ya. . .that's 'cause I'm cute!
5) Mirror
"Mom, I love you. . .even when I get mad at you."
6) Thanks Mom!
Here's a nice one for the month of Thanksgiving! They call motherhood "a thankless job", but Leila can actually be really good at saying thank you! These are two examples from today:
- Thanks for dinner tonight, Mom!
- Thanks for watching me when Daddy's at work!
7) Before Leila
Aunt Sarah: (pointing to a photo) Who's that in this picture?
Leila: I dunno. Who is it?
Aunt Sarah: Look closer!
Leila: Oh! It's my Mama!
Aunt Sarah: That's right! That was before you were born, so you were in heaven!
Leila: Oh ya!! I was crying because I wanted my Mama!
8) Watch my Mouth
When Leila was a baby, a friend of mine was expecting her first child. She asked me an interesting question: "Is there anything you say that you don't want your kids repeating?" I just kinda raised my eyebrow at that and shrugged it off--"No". Well, sometimes you don't realize that what you say isn't always the best. . .until you hear it coming from a child's mouth. The other day, we walked outside and Leila started whirling around in circles and saying "What the heck?! It's nice outside! What the heck?! It's nice outside!What the heck?! It's nice outside!" That made me realize I should probably consider "heck" an "H word"!
Well, that's all for now folks! For more Leila-isms, check back in a month. . .hopefully I'll be following through with my goal at that time :)
For previous Leila-isms click here.


No comments:
Post a Comment