Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Baking with My Little Sweetie

I've converted my little girl to a love of baking! Hooray! I have a live-in baking buddy! It's something we enjoy doing together and it's great because we can do it while the baby's sleeping. I love that we don't even have to leave home to have fun together! She'll say "find a recipe, Mom!" She loves making (and eating) cookies, which isn't surprising. But what is surprising is that she seems just as happy to sample each of the ingredients as to eat the finished product!

 This is her shamelessly dipping her finger into the sugar,
licking it, then dipping it again. Somehow this
girl manages to make even "double-dipping" look cute! 

At first she would ask me "what's that?" I would say "cocoa" or "flour" or "baking soda" etc. and each time she would respond with "I like that! I like (fill in the blank with just stated ingredient)". I knew she didn't know what she was talking about when she said she liked baking soda. It's quite a complex phenomenon that certain things just don't taste good on their own, or before the baking process takes place. But when she said she wanted some, I just couldn't resist. Aaaand I just had to ask Robby to pull out the camera :)



No comments:

Post a Comment