Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Visit from Grandpa Dixon and Uncle Logan!

Yesterday I said goodbye to my Dad and Brother, who I won't see again for another year. It was a short visit--only 3 days, and it went by way too fast! They came for Heidi's baby blessing! We waited until she was 4 months to bless her, knowing that they would be coming to town. Leila sure loved being the center of their attention!

We had a lovely family dinner following the blessing. We had 22 people in addition to the baby in our small apartment. We all had so much fun mingling, eating, and watching Leila and her cousin show off with singing, dancing, and somersaults!

*pictures from the family dinner will go here :) *

We went to The Museum of Natural Curiosity (My dad, brother, Leila, and Heidi, along with my cousin and her daughter) at Thanksgiving Point and had a blast! Wearing kids out like that is great fodder for a good nap! My favorite part about this particular visit was having Leila and Heidi play together in the baby water table in the WaterWorks wing! It was so cute seeing them play together and to have Heidi interact with her environment!



Whenever my Dad is in town, it's a tradition for us to go to one of the all-you-can-eat buffets, since the only buffets in Canada are Chinese food only (. . .which is good. . .unless you don't want Chinese). So we pigged out at Golden Corral and it was actually good this time! My favorite were the tacos. . .mmm. . .I want one now!

And because my Dad and Brother were in town for such a short period, we lived it up by going to the aquarium the next day! Unfortunately, Leila girl was in a sour mood, so we had to do our best to enjoy the aquarium despite her mood, rather than feeding off of her contagious enthusiasm. To her credit, by the time I got everything in order and everyone out the door, it was a little late and she was probably itching for a nap by the time we got there :P It was a pretty amazing place though! I loved the penguins, otters, and sharks!

That night we went out for Sushi--it's great (and pretty amazing) that all of us love sushi! Then our plan was to go to Applebee's for Karaoke, but to my horror I found out that they stopped holding karaoke on Tuesday nights! LAME! I was so looking forward to my Dad and husband singing Garth Brooks together! SERIOUSLY!! So we went home and played King of Tokyo (a boardgame) which Logan got us for Christmas. So fun! Especially because I won 3 out of the 4 times we all played together :)

With all of the good times we had, I think my favorite part was just having them come to church with us on Sunday. Even after they drove through the night and arrived at our place sometime around 9am, they still stuck it out for all three hours of church! Sitting with them in the pew in sacrament meeting felt so natural, like that's just what we did together every Sunday! I sure liked having them around! I wish I could have kept them here, but more importantly, I'd really like to keep them for . . .forever.






No comments:

Post a Comment