Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Nana's Birthday

Every year, Nana's birthday party is a memorable occasion. But this time was the first time it became memorable for Leila. It took place in late December (so almost two months ago) and she still can't stop talking about it! She talks about the cookies we decorated there, she talks about going ice skating, but most of all she talks about her family. In response to her question of who would be at the party, we must have said "our family" cuz now, she often says "My family were the people at the ice skating party". At that point we have to chime in and tell her that she has other family members (like the ones in Canada) who weren't there.

Leila talks about the ice skating party to herself when she is in her room after we have put her to bed. We kept water bottles in the car that we had gotten from the party. She would point to them weeks after and say where we got them. My favorite reference was after we had watched the movie "The Letter Factory". It has really simple songs for each letter of the alphabet (too simple to the point of boring if you ask me). They'll sing "the A says a, the A says a, every letter makes a sound, the A says a!" So we were in the car and singing the letter I. So we sang "the I says i (soft sound) the I says i, every letter makes a sound, the I says i!" Then I told her that even though the song says that the I says i (soft sound), it also makes another sound! The I also says 'I'(hard sound). Then Leila said "the I says 'I'. . .like ICE SKATING PARTY! Yep! Good call Leila!


No comments:

Post a Comment