Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2015

BIG Powder

This week I went in to get Leila after her "nap". A lot of the time now she just has "quiet time" and doesn't sleep at all. This was one of those days. I say "quiet time" because it's not really quiet at all. It usually consists of her singing songs like "I am a Child of God" or "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" at the top of her lungs. She has a way of making us crack a smile even when she's not in our direct presence. So I guess her quiet times are really quiet times for me. And I'm glad she's content to play and be by herself in her room. 

Except, this time she was content playing with the wrong thing. It was time to get the little girl out of her room. I opened the door and she look a little pale and her hat, dress, tights, face, blanket, and the floor were covered in powder! Not just a mere sprinkling either! I shook her blanket out, thinking that would do the trick and that I could just throw it back onto her bed. Doing do sent a flurry of smelly powder all over my black shirt and fuzzy corduroy pants. The strong perfumey smell shot up my nose and attacked my eyes. It was so strong that my eyes started to water as though I had just cut open a nice juicy onion. She looked at me with the uh-oh-I've-just-been-caught-red-handed stare. Following with her expectation, I said "Leila! What did you do!?!" She responded "I can't clean it up, but you can if you want to!" My response? "Um. . .no. Time to learn how to use the vacuum!" She helped vacuum and seemed to even have fund doing it! . . .Apparently too much fun! I opened the door to a similar scene the following day after nap! Stinker! 




This is the collection container of the vacuum after cleaning up both days! I'd say there's at least a cup's worth of powder!
**update**

Lately Leila has been having this thing about not wanting to be a baby anymore, and wanting to be a big girl. I tell her that she's getting bigger, but that she will be a big girl when she wears panties and not diapers. A few days after this incident I was changing Leila's diaper. I told her to wait there while I went and found some baby powder. She said "Nooooo! Not baby powder!" (In her "silly mama!" tone). "I'm not a baaaaby! I'm a biiiiig girl! . . .Go get the BIG powder!

No comments:

Post a Comment