Pages

Thursday, December 17, 2015

12 Days of Christmas, Post #5: Don't Forget Santa in Your Prayers

I could save this for a Leila-ism, but then I'd have to wait until the monthly anniversary of Leila's birth, which is January 5th. And by that time Christmas and Santa will be old news, so I'll post it now. 


Leila can be pretty thoughtful in her prayers. She thinks of things that happened during the day and thanks Heavenly Father for those things. She will also sometimes tell me ahead of time what she wants to pray for next. The other day Leila said "Mom! When I say prayers next, I want to say "Thanks for Santa. . .and thanks that he says "Ho! Ho! Ho!" As random as that was, I thought it was pretty cute :)

Writing about this little moment reminds me of a sweet news article about a little boy who had a special request for Santa: He wanted him to kneel and pray with him for a sick baby! Children have a way of bringing the Christmas spirit! And what a beautiful combination to have the giver of earthly gifts (Santa) praying to the giver of eternal gifts. You can check out the story here:

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/15/look-little-boy-asks-santa-pray-sick-baby-knox 

No comments:

Post a Comment